FactoryTalk SE Timer with VBA. Can I create one?

Hi all,

I have an application (FactoryTalk SE & Micrologix) which requires a lot of of navigating around screens based on PLC events rather than events by user i.e button press, etc

An example:
Screen 1
Door Closed -> Navigate to screen 2

Screen2
No input recieved on PLC within 30 secs. Navigate back to 1
Input recieved on PLC -> Navigate to Screen 3

No keypress within 30 seconds navigate to screen 1

etc etc....

The transaction has to be as quick as possible with customer to prevent a bottleneck at paypoint so I want to avoid using buttons to progress through the screens.

I'm currently using VBA to navigate through screens based on a numericdisplay_change event. While this works its getting a little messy.

In addition to this I'm using VBA on a specific display to count number of characters inputted. When this reaches 6 I then hide visibilty of some objects and download value to plc.

What I would like would be to use a timer in SE/VBA engine to do the timing rather than the PLC.

Of course there is no timer control/object in VBA. Has anyone any experience/ideas on how to best achieve this?

I got your solution.
Please do no use this:
If CurrentUserName() = "PRODUCCION\USUARIO" Then
Exit Sub
[FONT=&quot]NumericDisplay1.Value is a numeric value on a screen this values comes from a tag on the plc, so you have to manipulate that tag to change the value and change your screen.
It works, I´ve been using it for more than 3 years with no problem, do not forget to cache the screen where the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"NumericDisplay1.Value" is located, this way SE always update the value and change screen automatically. [/FONT]