Ab Slc 5/05 Communication

ABB

A
HI
How to go on line with AB SLC 5/05 processor and what physical components do I need thanks.

rslogix 500

either a serial cable or an ethernet crossover cable. its up to you.

you can make your own serial cable. get 2 9 pin connectors. both female. you only need to use pins 2,3 and 5. connect them like
2-3
3-2
5-5

just like a null modem cable.

if you use ethernet, make sure its a crossover cable.

Bob O said:
Oh this is easy...

1. Computer
2. Software
3. Cable

Bob O.

4. Patience

By the way, the ethernet port needs to be configured. So, I don't think you'll get around needing the serial cable.

Similar Topics

Hello, I need to connect with a SLC 5/01 (1747-L511) in order to see what is the current program that it has, since I don't have a lot of...
Replies
Views
After I tried wiring, I used computer program communication to read the PLC N value, but received a NAK signal. And the DL3500 CHA light keeps...
Replies
Views
Hi all--figured I'd knock the rust off minds here; Situation--We're resurrecting an old Alvey Palletizer from the grave. It came w/o a controller...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I am trying to communicate with a Slc 5/04 plc using the 1747-cp3 cable, RS232-DF1 driver and a laptop. I tried using a serial to...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. This is my first post here. I am newer to the automation world and have had an issue while trying to communicate with an SLC 5/02. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom