ENBT problem

PSpal

we have faced repetative problem in communication with ENBT . in every case when the card is removed and reinserted the system again run healthy. I have checked the ENBT staus in "web page" by providing the Ip address and found that the" open format reject " in "connection manager statstic" is quite high(22182) . What it indicate? any anyone help...

secondly I have gone through some tech connect document that if there is extremly high communication Thru ENBT the module shuts off . Unfortunately now when i try to found out the documents I cant ... Do u have any knowledge....

Thanks

Been having the same problem with an installation installed in 2007. ENBT/A would lock up, REDs would come on and an Exception Code would be displayed. Only removing and reinserting would resolve the problem. This customer is a 5 hour flight away, but I do have VPN. I sent them a 1756-ENBT/B anw will flash upgrade the /A when the /B is inserted and is used for Ethernet communications.

Take a look at what the RPIs are set for in the Ethernet devices on your IO tree. See if their are any that can be increased without adverse affect.

it is indeed ENBT A..
Is this required to be changed to ENBT B?

the version is indeed quite old 2.004..(some others are 3.009)

Last edited:
Mr. Mark..
I dont do the firmware update fearing that might make some compatibility issue...Frankly , the compatibility issues for rs link/logix/panel view all give me quite a sleepless nights ...

I upgraded 2 of ours to version 5.0 the other day. They had older versions 3.1 and 3.9. We had a problem where a duplicate IP address was causing a processor to lose communications. I am hoping the upgrade will help this if it ever occurs again.

I upgraded 2 of ours to version 5.0 the other day. They had older versions 3.1 and 3.9. We had a problem where a duplicate IP address was causing a processor to lose communications. I am hoping the upgrade will help this if it ever occurs again.

That is probably the issue I am having with my customer's location using the ENBT/A. Eversince this 4 year old PLC install was put on their corporate network this past January, this problem has been randomly occuring.

duplicate ip is not the issue for sure.

GOT IT LASTLY...
17111 - Throttle Back Feature on all PLC-5 ENET modules.

BUT IT IS FOR ENBT ??
PLS HELP

Last edited:
Mr. Curlyandshemp.

Enowledgebase shows below....
64721 - What are the difference between the 1756-ENBT series A and series B modules?

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 10/22/2009 03:42 PM
Last Updated: 05/04/2010 04:01 PM

What are the difference between the 1756-ENBT series A and series B modules?
Series B does not exist. There is no such thing as a series B ENBT.
Series A is the current shipping series.

Mr. Curlyandshemp.

Enowledgebase shows below....
64721 - What are the difference between the 1756-ENBT series A and series B modules?

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 10/22/2009 03:42 PM
Last Updated: 05/04/2010 04:01 PM

What are the difference between the 1756-ENBT series A and series B modules?
Series B does not exist. There is no such thing as a series B ENBT.
Series A is the current shipping series.

yes you are correct.

My original install had a 1756-ENBT/A version 4.1

I sent them a 1756-ENBT/A version 6.1