How to define a Push-button in RSview32?

Shawn Yi

S
Hi all Masters,

Right now I'm learning RSview 32. I can make a tag for a bit, I drop a push-button from library. I can use toggle command to make it on or off, but you know, when we turn on or off a motor, normally we can't toggle it, we need a push-button for on, another for off. Could you please tell me how to make the bit action momentarily?

Thanks.

Shawn

The logic in the PLC should be a classic start/stop control circuit, ie: N.O. start PB, N.C. stop PB and N.O. latching contact. The pushbuttons in View should operate just as a mechanical switch would.

When you double click on a button for editing the button configuration screen should appear and from there you can select momentary.
Also, not sure if I understand you correctly but you can make your own push buttons using the drawing toolbox (instead of going to the library all the time). Go to View up in the main toolbar and check Drawing Toolbox. On mine, it is the last one to the right. It is a rectangle with a finger.

Bob O