Rslogix 500 under Dos

fadii

Can I upload an application from SLC 5/03 using RSlogix 500 under windows XP (sp2), that was downloaded by rs logix 500 under Dos?

Many thanks Jesper for your fast reply, however I tried to upload using serial cable (cP3), but I failed to do that.

Can I upload an application from SLC 5/03 using RSlogix 500 under windows XP (sp2), that was downloaded by rs logix 500 under Dos?

What version of RSLogix500 were you running under DOS? And what exact
operating system were you running?

What version of RSLogix500 were you running under DOS? And what exact
operating system were you running?

RSLogix 500 never ran under DOS, only Windows. The DOS programs were either ICOM AI 500 or the AB version whose name I've forgotton (ADS?).

Fadii,

It is best to give as much information about your problem as possible.

If there is an error message, or more information that you can provide, please provide it.

To address an issue that is being discussed in a roundabout way: when APS was used to load a program into some SLC-500, SLC-5/01 and SLC-5/02 controllers, RSLogix 500 could not upload from them. There is a simple DOS-based Upload utility to work around that.

To my knowledge this is not a problem with the SLC-5/03 controllers, unless it exists with the very first OS300 Series A controllers, from about 1988.