I/O Power calculation

pauly

Can any one give a rough idea of the power requirements for input channels? I am looking to size a power supply for the 200 inputs to an ABB PLC.
Thanks. :D

Hi
Simply define accuratly(from data sheets) the current consumption of each device supplied from this power supply.
Added all the values to know the total current consumption then take a factor of seftey around 20%.
Now your power supply configured
good luck

Most PLCs have power budget worksheets and power requirement data for each type of I/O card. If you don't find the info in your catalog, contact your distributor or manufacturer's representative.

Similar Topics

Hi, I have a VFD from wich I cannot read the power output. However I can read the current and voltage. Am I correct to say that this formula will...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am creating a custom tweedy mixer (Bread dough mixer) for a client and there is a requirement to calculate the total energy (Wh) that...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'd like to what is a proper calculation for the incoming current sizing for the MCCB & power cabling ,for example, if I have 10 motors...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have a project with 10 Controllogix racks. I need to calculate power consumption. For example, say if i have 16 analog input...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, I searched but couldn't find anything related to this question. When looking in the manual for Allen-Bradley PLC's, they...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom