Task configuration

ftag67

Hello,
I am using Codesys to implement a simply application for PLC.
My question is about tasks configuration:
If I define a task (cyclic task) every 300 ms, what happens if task take more than 300 ms ? the next task start after 300 ms the previous task or it starts anyway ?
Do I have use watchdog to terminate it in 300 ms?

Thanks

The system will not have any time for other tasks, and yes it will immediate try to start again after it is finished as the flag is high.
yes you can use a watchdog but easier is to use a SFC as this is timed and it will go to next step when time is passed.
Codesys has own website and forum on 3s-software.com

Similar Topics

We are to develop a first application in Codesys. It will contain motion (Softmotion) with drives on Ethercat (CSP mode). Off course there will be...
Replies
Views
Hi guys.. I am using Vijeo Citect 7.4.. I am doing a function inside a function.. What I want to do is I want to put a function to sleep but want...
Replies
Views
I have been searching for more information regarding qualifying standard tags in a safety task and all I have found is a quick excerpt in one of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I modified the structure of a program (let’s call it app) in a CompactLogix 1769-L30ER due to high variation in the output times. I mean the...
Replies
Views
I am working on a project that requires an additional remote rack (say about 150 i/o points) on a L73 redundancy system with about 900 i/o points...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom