Omrom CX Programmer

Craig S

I have just "finished" a modification to a conveyor system.
This system had inadequecies in product flow and/or accumulation.
I was using Omrom CX Programmer.The original program was a Syswin V3.34, which I had backed up previously.
The newer that I was working with is a XXXX.cxt file
The conveyors had been running for hours whilst I edited.
I left the area then the operator called and said the conveyors could not be restarted.
Found that the CPU had gone into "Program" mode???
The processor had faulted due to "Duplcate outputs" and had listed all the Set/Reset instructions except for the ones I had added.
The CPU would not accept and go into run mode, whatso ever.
Tried the latest backup file which also was a .cxt file and same result. Loaded the second latest backup file (.cxt)and success.
Lost all my work in doing so.

Was this due to a XXXX.cxt file as this would not be a true converted file as Syswin V3.34 could be used to go online(A "true" CX- Programmer program uses .cxp files)??

Has anyone seen this problem and how can it be rectified??

And any other thoughts on this would be appreciated...

Thanks

Bewildered and unhappy

Craig,
I'm not for sure but did you complile the program? This would've checked out your program before you did your changes. Also you should be able to save your file as a cxp. file by going to save as and changing your type of file. Hope this might help you a bit
let me know.
Michael

The earlier backup program had been compiled as I did this myself.
Will try your suggestion of "Save As" filename.cxp
May take a week or so, but will let you know of outcome.

Thanks

Found that the CPU had gone into "Program" mode???

This could possibly happen if the power is cycled to the PLC. There are settings for the PLC to change the behavior on power up. If it is set to "Use Programming Console" and you are connected to the peripheral port the PLC will power up in program mode.

The processor had faulted due to "Duplcate outputs" and had listed all the Set/Reset instructions except for the ones I had added.

This is normal. "Duplicate Outputs" is a warning and should not be the reason it would go into run mode. Did it display "WARNING" or "ERROR"?

I don't know why you could not put it in run mode after loading a working program. I do not believe the file type is your problem though.

You may be on the right track, I have to verify it, but the operator may have cycle the whole installation including the PLC.
The "Compiler" was showing all errors not warnings.
First attempts to place PLC into run mode via laptop failed, that's when I started to go for backup files.
The PLC was programmed to go into run mode on power up.

Thanks

I have found that the conversion from Syswin to cxt works like a dream. Then open the cxt file in CX-Programmer. Then save the file as a cxp project. Have never had a problem with it and have converted some rather large programs (20k). Set and reset only bring up warnings about duplicate outputs. They will not shut the PLC down.
Have a look in settings. You may have inadvertently set the PLC to start in program mode. (Been there, done that). A common setting is also to start the PLC to "use program console". Adjust the settings to start in monitor mode.
beerchug

Did as recommended and came up trumps.

The operator had shut down system (Why??? I'll never know!!!)

I have found that the conversion from Syswin to cxt works like a dream. Then open the cxt file in CX-Programmer. Then save the file as a cxp project
)

Tried this a couple of times and finally worked, now all files have the extension .cxp

Re: "PLC StartUp"
All the offline programs all showed "Use Programming Console"
as the mode for the processor to start up on.
Changed these to all run mode and saved as ****.cxp.

Again Thanks :D