unkown floating point

Hojland

I have a logix500 program, running on af slc5/05. In that program I have a floating point (F93:0)which count running time in secounds. But when I right click on it, and says "find all" it dosent find anything. It runs perfektly from 0 to 60 and so on. Why cant I find the counter for it

You may have "Scope" set to "LOCAL". It should be set to "GLOBAL" to search through all the subroutines. Click "Search", "Find", then select "GLOBAL"

here are three likely GUESSES ...

(1) under the RSLogix500 main menu (top of screen) click Search > Find ... make sure that your "Scope" is set for "GLOBAL" ... make sure that "Wrap" is checked ON ...

if these settings are incorrect, then the "Find All" search might not be looking everywhere in your program ...

(2) Right-Click on F93:0 and do a "Cross-Reference" instead of "Find All" ... scroll up and down on the Cross Reference table and see if F93:0 is being used as part of a "file" ...

if a "file" type operation is using F93:0 – and F93:0 is not the first location in the file, then F93:0 won't show up on most "Find All" searches ... things like COP (Copy) commands would be a common example of a "file" operation ... in these cases the Cross Reference will usually help – but you have to remember to scroll up and down to see all of the occurrences on the results list ...

(3) maybe F93:0 is being controlled by an "Indirect Address" ... check for this by doing a Find All search and look for a "square bracket" character ... it looks like this [ ...

suppose that you find an address like this one – F93:[N7:0] ... when the "pointer" N7:0 contains a value of 0, then F93:0 is the address being used ... secret handshake: Indirect Addresses don't show up in most "Find All" searches ...

if this doesn't help, consider posting your RSS file ... you'll have to zip it first (forum rule) ...

As a number 4 on Ron's list (possible but less likely) consider also that that memory area might be written to by an external device (ie HMI, Other PLC, etc.)