DL-06 Mystery Port

zmanvortex

Does anybody know what the connector hidden behind the removable cover on the bottom of the DL-06 is for.

The cover is under the communication ports and has a little tab for removing it.

I called Automation Direct and they told me that they did not sell anything that uses that port. They also told me that Koyo makes devices to plug into that port (They also manufacture the PLC itself).

I cannot find any information as to what devices may be able to plug into this port. Any help would be appreciated.

This is my GUESS. If you have a new 205 rack (-1) look at the connector on the end. It's for connecting to other local racks. Now look again at the connector you are referring to. Get any ideas. While I don't think their firmware supports any usage of this connector I bet that it was for local expansion racks.

Another interesting communication related device for the line is this unit available in Australia CUNet . I understand that this is similar to the local expansion offered here.

More Mystery...

Also notice the 4 access covers above the expansion slots... utoh

I remember a thread in the A-D forum questioning what these are for, but I can't find it... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

Gender?

The 205-1 rack expansion connector is the first thing that came to my mind also, except I noticed that it was the wrong gender. I have never used an expansion rack so I have never seen the cable.

Is it female on one end and male on the other or are both ends the same gender?

Concerning the access covers above the expansion card slots. I was told by AD personnel that these are for planned card which need access from the top. Note the PDF about the CUNet I mentioned earlier. It may be something like that card.

Afternoon all,

The removable cover below the DL06 communication ports does have a backplane interface connector behind it. This was part of the original DL06 design but no modules or other peripherals have been developed, nor are any planned at this time.

CUNet is a proprietary network protocol developed by Koyo for their Asian automation market. It utilizes a proprietary chip with the protocol embedded in each node/device. AutomationDirect does not carry any of the CUNet hardware products nor do we plan to sell these products in the future. Koyo only makes it available to their Asian and Australian market. At this time there is no English technical documentation for the CUNet products. The CUNet interface is a module which resides in an expansion slot as the other expansion modules do.

Hope that is not TMI,

Andy

Last edited: