Alternatives to PLCs

Yes, Relays & Contactors !!!!!!!

PC Control !!!

Pneumatic Control !!!

Hydraulic Control !!!

Mechanical Control !!!

Seriously though PIC's can rival PLC's but they require additional electronic assembly, and by the time your finished they resemble a PLC.

Hello Mylo !

Why nobody cares about PAC ? even in Italy ???? ;)

Just kidding... I was trying to find out if PAC is a "revolutionary" thing or just a fancy name for PLC... :rolleyes:

ciao ciao

Regards

Marcelo Nunes

Originally posted by
Are there any alternative technologies that rival the PLC?

I've heard that a H.U.M.A.N. can be a very powerful tool. They're a little slow, but you can't match the processing power.

Did we send PLCs to the moon to dig up rocks and hit golf balls? Nope. We're sending them to Mars instead. :D

AK

"""""""Hello Mylo !

Why nobody cares about PAC ? even in Italy ????""""""""""""""

ITALY,,,

Thats an Irish Flag Don't ye know, BeJaysus and Begorragh !!!!!

🍺

Slan

Mylo

Hello Mylo...

Cheez Louise.... Did I do that ?????

I´m really sorry about that... what a big mistake!!!! banghead

I´ll be more carefull next time... I promisse !

Best regards

Marcelo Nunes

gbradley said:

Not really PLC'S
Heres a link to JPL page on the Rover

"powerful laptop computer"
The last piece I read said the processor was 20Mhz. Of course, I think it also said 128K RAM, not 128Mb.

I suppose if you don't run Windows on it, 20Mhz is plenty.

It's fun to read the tech specs on space craft because NASA's approval process keeps them so many years behind the curve. With good reason, of course. I like to wonder what we could do if we could just take the best of the best, right now, and fling it into space.

AK