OMRON CQM1H-CPU21 communciation with VB.net

tkteh

Hi,
I am new here, and hope if there is any things I done wrongly, please feel free to tell me. Thanks in advance.

Currently, I am deal with PLC OMRON CQM1H-CPU21, I need to use this PLC transmit data to vb.net, and show it on my laptop screen.

Now I able to online by using CX-Programmer, means my cable and serial converter is doing good job. But, when I online by using VB application, the COM Port indicator at PLC is not blinking, means no connection? (when use cx-programmer, it do blink).

Secondly, anyone got sample of the protocol and code of VB2008 or VB.net for the transmission of data from PCL to PC, I just need 1 way flow, that is from PLC to PC, to read the I/O status on PLC by using PC software(vb..etc..)

Thanks in advance.

best Regards,
teh

The following link is for a sample HostLink VB program.
You should be able to update it to work for your application.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=62

Hope this helps.

Hi, I had try the application and it do works, but I not really understand with the response of PLC, I sent choose RD1000 0001, and at the "To PLC" text box, it appear as @00RD1000000156*
and "From PLC" it appear @00RD000000056*, what is this means?

I suppose to read the data at DM1000 for 1 words for now, will increase later on, but what is this codes means?

Sorry for bad english >.<
Thanks

Regards.
teh