Reset button, and Outputs

dronai

I'm using a counter, and a reset. When I get to my set point, I want to see my output turn on, or at least flash on before the reset. Is it typical that it's too fast to see the output in one scan ? Conveyor project from Phils Lab

SConveyor1.jpg

Last edited:
This is how the example is shown. everything runs except the reset is not allowing the counter to count, unless I open a contact before it, and let it count up ?

conveyorwithresetproblem.jpg

Yep, unless both B3:0/1 and B3:0/2 are set to 1 your counter is going to reset every scan.

If you want to capture the DN state without missing any counts, have the DN bit latch in a self sealing timer and self resetting timer that is on long enough that you can view it. Then use the DN for reset the counter.

Yep, unless both B3:0/1 and B3:0/2 are set to 1 your counter is going to reset every scan.

If you want to capture the DN state without missing any counts, have the DN bit latch in a self sealing timer and self resetting timer that is on long enough that you can view it. Then use the DN for reset the counter.

This is from Phil's example, and it wont even count at all because of the N/C contacts ?

just a suggestion: instead of saying "it's from Phil's example" why not give us a screen shot of the specific example that you're talking about? ...

many of us are wondering where you're seeing this ...

MAYBE there really is something wrong with the example - but it's also possible that you're just misinterpreting something ...

we'll be glad to help you figure it out - but right now we're not sure what's going on ... more information please ...

just a suggestion: instead of saying "it's from Phil's example" why not give us a screen shot of the specific example that you're talking about? ...

many of us are wondering where you're seeing this ...

MAYBE there really is something wrong with the example - but it's also possible that you're just misinterpreting something ...

we'll be glad to help you figure it out - but right now we're not sure what's going on ... more information please ...
I'm sure it's "Pilot" error See Post #4 for Book example

Last edited:
I see there are 2 N/C contacts with one allowing the reset to always work. When I changed one of those to N/O it works great !

conveyorwithresetproblem.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, those things are programmed with a GUI? What the hell did I study Basic on my TRS-80 for? And then all those DOS commands. Now you young wippersnappers come along with all your GUIs

:)