Quickpanel Jr. Self Destruct Initialized Message

vtfan

I have recently purchased a used quickpanel jr. When I got it to turn it on, it powers up and says "SELF DESTRUCT INITIALIZED".

Anyone ever had this and is there a fix.

Thanks,

Pat

I've figured a little more out. I am using cimplicity software to program this QP. The QP in question is a series A model. I think that Cimplicity will only program series C models.

When I try to download a test program, it starts the process of downloading and then gives an error of "cant find bootstrap" or something to that effect.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Pat

Actually, the package had a QP, Power Supply and a programing cable. I got the whole works for $200. I needed the programing cable and priced one from the vendor @$230. The power supply works as well so I was hoping to get the QP working so that I can do programs while I'm waiting for new equipment.

Thanks,
Pat

The "SELF DESTRUCT INITIALIZED" sounds like a prank from the previous owner.

I have only used the Panel Builder software for these panels, it had a feature to "flash" upgrades to a previous versions of the QuickPanel.
I only remember this because I flashed a older version to a newer panel and totally screwed it up. Your software might have this feature also?

Hey Russ, thanks. I'll download that tonight and give it a try.

Thanks for the link!!

Pat

There are 3rd party cables to program Quickpanels, at reduced cost. The high cost of this cable is in some part due to the RS485-232 converter chip in the gray 9 pin connector end.

As to source of cables, name overwritten in memory, can only remeber so much stuff.

QuickPanel Programming Interface

The programming interface on this unit is TTL. The standard cable has a TTL to RS-232 converter built into it. You could damage the unit by attempting to use an RS422/485 to RS-232 converter. The only alteranate source for these cables that I know of is here.
http://www.asedata.com/
If you know of others I would be interested.

Other Sources

Little history on the QuickPanel in the U.S. Before TCP was puchased by GE in '98 they brand labeled Digital Electronic's GPs (Graphic Panel) products and wrote their own software package called QuickDesigner. Since that time Digital Electronics started their own U.S operation called Pro-Face America and puchased a distribution/manufacture of IPCs called Xycom Automation. Today Xycom Automation through some agreements with GE sells both QuickPanel like harware called PanelStation (only difference is the label on the front says "Pro-Face"), and the TCP designed QuickDesigner software. I said all of that to say this, you can purchase a download cable from Xycom (distributor or website) part number GPW-CB02 for $135 that will work with your QPs.