RS Logix 500 Ladder to .DOC or .TXT

saroj

S
I am not able to copy some portions of the ladder logic ( few rungs)
in RS logix and paste it as .doc OR .txt format ? It will be great if someone can reply to this and help .

Thanks.

Saroj.

Highlight your rungs, right-mouse click and select "Paste to SLC library". This *.SLC file can be opened and editted as a text file.

The *.SLC file can be imported with "Paste from SLC library"

Regards
pp

Easy when you know.

There are two ways:

1. To capture a list of instructions as ASCII text:
While editing rungs in RSLogix, highligt a complete rung by putting the cursor at the far left side. Hit ENTER and an ASCII text string with all the mnemonics for the rung will appear. Use cut-and-paste with CTRL-C/CTRL-V to paste this into any text document.
You have to do this for every rung you need to copy.
Example:
XIO N12:7/0 XIO N12:7/1 XIO N12:7/2 XIO N12:7/3 XIC I:1.9/1 OTE O:1.9/0

2. To capture a screenshot from RSLogix:
When the interesting code section is displayed on the screen, hit ALT-PrtScrn.
Open MS Paint and hit CTRL-V. The program will ask you to expand the bitmap to suit the paste image, choose OK to accept. Use "Save As" to save the image as .bmp or .jpg or .gif

edit: OK, 3 ways, paraffin :)

Last edited:
You can also select a rung in Logix and Paste Special into word, choosing one of the picture options. I think that you are limited to one rung at a time using this method, but it does work.

Marc

Adobe Acrobat will let you print to a PDF file.

You won't have much editing or copy/paste into Word ability. But, it can be handy for viewing on other machines or pulling pages out to look at later.

AK

Another option (that I use all the time, especially for searching) is to configure a Generic Text/Only printer in Windows, and set the 'Port' to 'FILE'.

Give it a name (Print-File) or something, then just print to that printer. It will ask for a file name, and print to a generic text file.