Twincat .NET read float/REAL values

BartDM

Hey all,

We're trying to read values from a Beckhoff PLC that is programmed by a third party.

We see in the PLC the value Sensor_Waarde_REAL(%MD100) we are trying to read. (see image below)

When we use next solution we receive a number but not the number showed in the PLC interface. Does anyone knows the solution or who can point us in the correct direction?

TcAdsClient client = new TcAdsClient();
client.Connect(txtIpAddress.Text + ".1.1", 801);
AdsStream stream = new AdsStream(4);
BinaryReader br = new BinaryReader(stream);
client.Read(0x4020, 100, stream, 0, 4);
var valueMeasured = br.ReadSingle();
Log.DebugFormat("Value = {0}",valueMeasured );

PLC.jpg

Sorry for the late response. It looks like the UI code you posted is in C#. Search on this site for AdvancedHMI by Archie. It reads/sets PLC variables from VB.net, which should be identical. I have only used ADS in VB6 to date, but will move the .net on an upcoming project. It should be just a few simple calls.