Telemecanique Fipio cable alternative

Amation

Hi,
I have a machine which uses FIPIO to communicate between a TSX Premium under PL7 and ATV58 drives. The cable needs replacing but the Telemecanique cable is very expensive has anyone had any luck with an alternative?
It is simply a twisted pair with some packing and a braided screen but so far 2 attempts to substitute have been unsuccessful.šŸ™ƒ

I have used FIP a number of times in the past, many years ago.
One of the projects was in a football stadium and the run was around 800M with
5 nodes, PLCs and 2 XBT-F HMI.
I used it in a quarry aplication as at the time Schneiders cable only had an indoor Spec,
so I bought the cable from Lapp. Schneiders own cable at that time was Black,
the cable from Lapp was Purple.
That again was 4 TSX57 PLC's with 2 XBT F Hmi.The cable distance was 600M.

The spec for Fip is 40KM and 256 Nodes, so your application is no problem.

Last edited: