Logging/Storing Alarm Data FTView ME 5.1

dcooper33

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi guys,

I have a FTView application where I'm using an Alarm List object on a screen to log a history of timing setpoint changes, i.e. what the product was, which user made the change, etc. I have this setup separately from the main Alarm screen which shows process alarms. The two screens are working fine independently of each other like I wanted, the problem is that the setpoint change list object doesn't keep the messages very long. I can make a couple of changes, then come back the next morning and the list will be clear, even if power hasn't been cycled to the equipment.

Is there a way to keep a more permanent history? Should I be using a different type of object? Should I look into logging the alarm data to a CF card, and is there a way to have the Alarm log retrieve infomation from that card?

I'm just needing a fresh perspective, I think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin

I guess I should further specify.

At this point, the main thing I am curious about is the last question. Can I log alarm data to a CF card, and then have the Alarm List object display stored values on the screen that the application retrieves from the card?

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻