Rsview studio offline tag updates

ATU

I have RSVIEW STUDIO 6.1 and RS5000 R19.

If I have the tags created in RS5000 and work on a screen in RSVIEW, I can see those offline tags. However, if I add a tag to the 5000 file and save it. Then, refresh the folders in the tag browser in Studio, it doesn't see the new tags or modules, nothing changes.

Online tags work perfectly, but I don't have access to the CPU.

In Studio 5.1, I used to be able to go to the Enterprise Communication setup screen, hit verify,then Ok. Go back to the tag browser and update the folders and be able to see any update to the Offline tag list. That doesn't work anymore. The only way I can get it to see new tags on an RS5000 file is to rename the RS5000 file to a different name, verify it and update the folders in the Studio Tag Browser. Anyone have this problem?

You're not alone (same experience). The only way I've been able to get a offline refresh is to either reboot, close & reopen Studio, or start & stop the Tag Browser in the Control_Panel/Services. Definitely annoying.

Well it looks like renaming the acd file for each update is the easiest solution. After renaming it , you change the file name in enterprise, re-verify and your good to go after a folder refresh.
This wasn't a problem in an earlier version, looks like it got broken and they didn't catch it. Rockwell, got to love'em. I'll probably call tech connect and at least report the bug. This is the latest version, I just downloaded it a few weeks ago. It used to work.

They now have a patch for this on the Rockwell Knowledgebase support site.
459853 - RSLinx Enterprise 5.40 Patch: Changes to an offline ACD and not refreshed in the Tag Browser

Tag values stop updating..on new multi-processor computers

Hi,

There are a patch ID number 61576 and/or 61230 on RA knowledgebase. (RSLinx/RSView Studio Machine Edition)
My problem is get it or them because they ask change password and username almost daily.
Every case I find something, they connecting me to RA Support center and "Knoledgebase / Forum Registration Incomplete" appearance.

My point is if someone have those patches or can help me.

OK. I got it after "Registration" !

Br. Seppo

Last edited: