Output Subroutine

benaiahhenry

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this has been talked about before but what are your thoughts on using a dedicated output subroutine? Particularly in regards to RSLogix 5000. Are there any upsides/downsides to this technique?

Thanks!
Benaiah

Hi
I always do this so they are updated together at the same time (ok same part of scan) and it makes it easier to find a particular output for fault finding guys. As said before it is a continuous logic routine with no preconditions so is scanned every time

In my experience the first place Bubba is going to look in the program when troubleshooting an actuator that doesn't work is the output instruction. From there he will trace backwards through the program until he finds which permissive is hanging him up. So grouping the outputs makes troubleshooting easier.