Controllogix Real To Log(real) or ln(real)

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to convert a floating Point value that ranges from 0.0001 - 100000.00 to be displyed on a graph where I would like the Y Scale to be Log (not linear scale), and x scale = Time. Do I use the Log function or the Natural log function for the Real number conversion?

Thanks

Only you can answer that....

But I suspect you want the standard log, the natural log (to base "e") is not widely used - but i guess that will start a flood of responses where it is used, lol

Similar Topics

My company imposes programming standards and insists on using AOIs for AI, AO, DI, DO points. I like AOIs and use them as subroutines when I have...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to setup data exchange between two CLX's. Does anyone have any information on how big a single MSG instruction can send or receive? I...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is communicating RS232 data in "Real32". Is that the same as a "Real" in Controllogix? The reason is the Generic Ethernet...
Replies
Views
I got a weird problem with getting real tags to compute properly on an L63/B. I've tried firmware 15 and 17 with no success. I've created a brand...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As you know, when reading from modbus floating point data (32 bits) by prosoft MCM card, we use real data type in controllogix to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom