Trouble configuring Parker iQan

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
There doesn't seem to be much info on the web (or on this site), but I'm hopeful someone here has configured one before.

Basically, the iQan TOC2 is a proprietary HMI that converts an analog input to a variable pulse-width output for controlling proportional hydraulic valves. I'm using it to control a bow thruster.

The problem I'm having is that I can't set the maximum current. I can set the minimum current by moving the joystick slightly off center and turning the adjusting screw. After accepting this setting, I move the joystick hard over to set the maximum current, but I get an immediate output error, which usually indicates the maximum setting is lower than the minimum setting. Turning the adjusting screw clockwise should solve the problem, but it doesn't. It's almost like the iQan has been factory-configured to prevent adjustment of the maximum level. Without the Parker IQANdevelop software, I can't confirm this, but I'm hoping there may be a manual way to check/change this type of setting without software. Alternatively, does anyone know if this software is available for download? I would really like to see this boat completed tomorrow morning!

Thanks in advance for your help.