Don't You Just love this?

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
You are trying to get online with a customer's PLC to reslove an issue and this pops up.
I am not allowed to have errors that cause the customer's process to crash, yet Rockwell./Microsoft are immune .

ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 03 23.11.jpg

There's no convenient time for software crashes, is there ?

Does the application open correctly offline ? Try exporting as *.L5K and re-creating the *.ACD.

Any chance you're running in a VM with autoprotect snapshots ?

Edit: It's gotta be v19 with an L7x controller, and obviously you're online. Probably a big process-control application.

The controller's still running, isn't it ?

Last edited:
There's no convenient time for software crashes, is there ?

Does the application open correctly offline ? Try exporting as *.L5K and re-creating the *.ACD.

Any chance you're running in a VM with autoprotect snapshots ?

Edit: It's gotta be v19 with an L7x controller, and obviously you're online. Probably a big process-control application.

The controller's still running, isn't it ?

App open correctly : YES
All the fancy VMware ; NO

V19: YES
L7X: YES
ONLINE : YES
BIG APP: YES
RUNNING :YES

Sounds then Rockwell may be aware of this.

About the only time I have to call AB Tech support is for activation issues. Then the last couple of times they gave me a hard time, because my tech connect number was in an old database, and they couldn't find it. I was so ticked off... Wasted a lot of time, when you shouldn't even need a tech contract for activation.

Ive had this quite a few times recently, only on one laptop but its running V19.01 on L73 (19.53) processors. it seems happens when I'm online and scrolling quickly down a larger routine, 50+ rungs

I've quickly learn't not to do that.

Chris

We use dongles with the activations on them, so we can use the software during the engineering/office phase and also during shop/testing.
It is SO ANNOYING to get the activation messages, which always seem to pop-up to "remind" you thay you're in a "grace" period.
You'in in the middle of testing something important and all of a sudden the screen freezes until you acknowledge your trangression (thou shalt not abuse the grace period).
AND it takes FOREVER for the software to "check" the activation status when entering the "grace" period.
So you generally have to stop, go find the dongle, and get "legal".
All this in addition to the yearly fee imposed.
Way to go, Rockwell.....way to make manufacturing stronger...

I had this a number of times on a L43 V17 and a couple of time in the office talking to a L61 V19 with a very small application sitting on the desk. I assumed it was my laptop.

This happens to me all the time because I have RSLogix V13 and V16 installed and here is the deal.

If you copy a instruction from RSLogix V13 or lower while having V16 open together, it crashes like that. The other way also. It looks like it crashes when trying to figure it out a instruction from other Firmware version (its a bug).

Does it make sense for you?