E1151 to FX3G via RS485

Engineroom81

Hi there!

I'm trying to set-up the communication between a E1151 HMI and a FX3G-60M PLC via a FX3-485-BD module but can't get it working??

Connected SDA/RDA to pin 2 and SDB/RDB to pin 15. Also bridged pin 6 and 19 for termination but E1151 gives 'comm.error'

I'm quit new with this screen, so all help (besides the comm.problem) is very welcome and appriciated!!

Thank you!!

I think you need signal ground on 7 & 8. There is information to help you, in E-Designer go to Help, the Controller Help, it should give the information you need.

Hmm... Interesting, I have many E terminals connected to FX & Q Plc's however never tried 485 only 422 using the standard cable for the FX range, I am currently upgrading some old PV550's to E Terminals & it's ok on the SLC504 (232) however I have purchased the CAB10 422 to 485 converter (Beijers)as recommended by Mitsubishi but cannot get that to talk, I noticed that according to the E manual 2 & 15 are also 485 (assume use AB485 comms setup in HMI) but tried all combinations & cannot get that to talk.
anybody any ideas?