Panelbuilder 32 failed to open document

clank

When uploading of a PV600 standard and the upload is completed...msg pops up FAILED TO OPEN DOCUMENT. My PB32 is V3.81.....PV is 2711-T6C20L1 Ser.B Frn 4.46....We have at least 5 other touchscreens (same model) that I have done uploads with no problem but comm. was DF1 and this one is ethernet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The latest ver of PB32 is 3.83. Post your uploaded file if you can and someone will see if they can open it with the latest ver . ( zip the file first)

It is possible for the Panelview to be "OEM Locked" so that the application cannot be uploaded. I think that message can also be caused by a firmware limitation of your version of PB32...

After looking at the ab knowledgebase I see AID 58160 mentions that v3.81 may not be able to open some applications created by earlier versions. Their advice is to upgrade.

If you have the serial number and name of the person to whom your PB32 is licensed, you can download the latest version right from the ab website:
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/support/webupdates/

Hi Mickey
Nothing to be sorry for...I was not clear! When doing upload and file transfer was 100%...the file should open up after the 100% transfer is completed but instead I get message FAILED TO OPEN DOCUMENT.

The file transfer application should let you save the *.PVA file without also opening it in PanelBuilder. Posting that would allow users of 3.82 and 3.83 to try to open it.