ProTool and PC whithout COM1

Valera

One question, there is laptop "Toshiba" that have USB-port, but have not COM-port, can I use ProTool 6.0 for download and upload ProTool projects to OP-7/OP-17 panel.

If you need to use that laptop for other PLC or HMI programming purposes, then you should consider to change it to one with a serial port. For "PLC people" it is more or less obligatory.

It is possible to use a PCMCIA/serial adapter, or a USB/serial adapter. But I am unsure if it will work with Protool.

Get yourself a port replicator, Targus makes a dandy one that sells for about $100. Or you can get one from ebay for about $30 (happened to be looking for one tonight).

Looks just like a serial port to the PC. However, if your PLC software insists on using "COM1, 0x3f8 IRQ 4" (for example) then you may still be in trouble.

John