Rslinx

Please, can someone tell how to establish communication between my laptop and Logix5000 controller?
I saw a manual on the net that says I cannot use Rslinx lite that is activated with factorytalk licence and it is true.

Can I use the free Rslinx Classic softwares on the net for this purpose?

Regards,
Iheme.

Please, can someone tell how to establish communication between my laptop and Logix5000 controller?
I saw a manual on the net that says I cannot use Rslinx lite that is activated with factorytalk licence and it is true.

Can I use the free Rslinx Classic softwares on the net for this purpose?

Regards,
Iheme.

Iheme,
you have to create a new shortcut, edit it and select the communication mode (Ethernet, DF, etc etc).

Just search for "add new driver" and then "configure driver"

that statement is incorrect – for two reasons:

(1) the "Lite" version of RSLinx does NOT need an activation or a license ... specifically, the "Lite" version will run correctly even without activation or licensing ...

(2) you CAN use RSLinx Lite if all that you want to do is program or monitor the processor using RSLogix-5000 ... specifically, connecting to HMIs and other things like that will often need an "activated/licensed" version of RSLinx – but "Lite" will handle everything that you need for "going online" and for basic programming ...

going further:

Pages 50 through 53 of the following manual show a step-by-step description that should be helpful to you ...

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um001_-en-p.pdf

TIP: you probably have manuals like this already on your computer – as long as you used the default settings when you installed the RSLogix5000 software ... look under Help > Online Books and explore the "local PDF" selections ... note that different versions of RSLogix-5000 have different menu structures ... if you can't find the books I've described, then post again and tell us what version of the software you're using ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited: