Modicon TSX57 Memory Insight needed

Manglemender

I'm in need of some insight regarding the memory structure of a Modicon PLC.

In the program %M130 is being SET and RESET in ladder logic but elsewhere in the program %MW130 is also referred to in an "OPERATE" instruction.

How is the memory organised? Does setting %M130 set all bits in %MW130 to 1?

Please see attached code.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

%M130 is a bit, %MW130 is a word.
They are not related. The format for the bits in a word are for example %MW100:X0 as being the least significant bit, and %MW130:X15 is most significant.

The operate instructions in your case are table instructions.
To describe the following:

%MW130:10:=%MW120:10

The contents of a table 10 words long, starting at %MW120 is transferred or moved to a table 10 words long starting at %MW130.

contents of %MW120 to %MW130,
contents of %MW121 to %MW131,
etc.

Deciphering the following instruction:

%MW110:10:=0

Value of 0 transferred or moved to a table, 10 words long, starting at %MW110, meaning %MW110 to %MW119 are loaded with the value 0

One of my favourite all time machines, the TSX57.
If you need any more help, just let me know.

Liam, Thanks very much for your reply, it was most helpful. We are converting an old Modicon system to Siemens Step7. We'll continue to try and understand the oroginal code.

Nick