A bit ot; Excel file tricks and RS5000

DairyBoy

I tried to import an excel csv file that had cells based on two others: A1 = B1&B2 for example. But RS5000 rejected the "result" (A1 etc) cells. Is there a way in excel that I can strip-out the formula content of a cell so that it's just text again? I used the drag auto increment fuction in excel as my base tag was "AV01 Alarm Timer" and I have a lot of them to type. So I created the first tag comment in RS5000 and separated the "AV01" and "Alarm Timer" halves in excel, generated a range then merged them again using A1 = B1&B2 etc. Clear as mud? Thanks.

After you get the results in your cells how you want them, select the section you want to strip out the formulas, copy (CTRL+C), then Paste Special (right click or Edit menu) and choose the Values radio button. This will effectively paste the results of the formulas in place of the formulas themselves.

Then do a save as .csv before importing.