Shift Register - RSLogix 500

gappvembe

What's happening is, when running the lid picker is coming up one short and while the rest of the machine is functioning in sequence as normal.

My question would be can I extend the ending of the lid picker by one, without adjusting when it initially starts.

As I'm looking into it, it might not be the shift register at all, but the "HSC Contol", which is adjusted by the HMI High & Low limit (encoder). I'm wondering now if it has something to do with [LAD 7] [Rung 0], N7:29 & N7:30 which results in turning on B3:2/2, which, when B3:2/2 isn't on, this is what unlatches the Lid Picker (since this is a problem that has just happened to come up in the last week, and those are the only variables). Or it has to do with N7:29 & N7:47 which is when it gets turned on. o_O

Any input would be great, if I am thinking along the right lines, or any other idea of improvement would be great.

:site:

Attached is the rung involved for the lid picker itself, and the full program.

1Vlx4.png

Last edited:
I am not sure I got you right. If you are looking to prolong the Vacuum Picker without affecting when it picks, you have to increase the value in N7:30.

But if it was working well previously, I would rather check the vacuum line/valve etc.

Best Regards

I am not sure I got you right. If you are looking to prolong the Vacuum Picker without affecting when it picks, you have to increase the value in N7:30.

But if it was working well previously, I would rather check the vacuum line/valve etc.

Best Regards
That's what I meant is going on. What is going on is cups come out goes down the machine, then it gets filled, then the lid is put on, and then a heat sealer comes down and then the cup exits. That is the length of the Shift Register (B3:32/1 is spot #18 on it), I believe it's 35 spots long (sorry I am at home and work is at work).

The Cup Dispenser is what sets the whole thing off, when it shut off, sequentially the other things get shut off (ie, no fill, no lid, no seal). What's happening, is when the cup dispenser is shut off, it will go down the line, but the last row of cups do not get a lid on them, but oddly the heat seals will come down :confused:.

From what I understand, N7:30 is the end of the range, while N7:29 is the beginning. N7:47 scales with N7:29 so it can go with whatever the speed of the machine is going.

The more I am thinking about it, it seems I might just have to extend N7:30 (which is changeable by the operator :mad:). It's really the only thing that makes sense. As it is consistently the last row of cups when the cup dispenser is shut off. It was also working fine, a week ago.

To add to the is conundrum, it seems I was mistaken as it drops a lid early (where there is no cup), and then doesn't on the last row of cups. Everything else is sequencing correctly.

So it would seem all I would have to do is change B3:32/1 (#18) to B3:32/2 (#19), or one slot later.

I guess the real question is why...

To add to the is conundrum, it seems I was mistaken as it drops a lid early (where there is no cup), and then doesn't on the last row of cups. Everything else is sequencing correctly.

So it would seem all I would have to do is change B3:32/1 (#18) to B3:32/2 (#19), or one slot later.

I guess the real question is why...
This was it. Change it to one shift register slot down.
No idea how it got moved. That one is going to leave me :unsure:.
Thanks chavak for chiming in.
And thanks :site: for reading more or less a journal of what was going on in my thought process to solution.

Still if anyone has any idea how/why it would move a shift register position, I would be more than happy to know.

Still if anyone has any idea how/why it would move a shift register position, I would be more than happy to know.
Something mechanical and physical got changed, switched, swapped, broken, or malfunctioned.

The same PLC program (if unchanged) is doing the same thing it did a week ago. Physical devices change, move, break, get hit, and wear out.