PanelView 1400 issues

TomekPLC

Hello,
We are in the process of starting up previously owned piece of machinery.
It is equipped with SLC5/04 which I was able to go online with and upload the file. There also is PanelView 1400 series, 2711E-K14C6, ser A, rev A, FRN 1.01.00
The CRT display is not working correctly so I wanted to upload file from this HMI and open it so maybe I can scale it down for PanelView 1000 that I have laying around.
I am able to see this PanelView with RSLinx Classic 2.57.14.00 as node 2 on DH+, however when I try to upload the application using PanelBuilder32 ver 3.82.00 (Build 413). I am getting Error (1022) - Target is not an operator terminal.
Could you advise what I am doing wrong? This is my first experience with PanelView 1400.
Thanks,
Tom

PanelBuilder 1400E projects can also be converted to PanelView Plus, if you choose to go that route. It's not a 100% conversion but it's better (in my opinion) than doing it by hand or converting to another platform entirely.

The PanelView 1400e/1000e terminals only supported Linear Flash type memory cards, and there are virtually no laptop computers today that have Linear Flash support. Modern PCMCIA and CompactFlash cards use a different architecture called "ATA Flash".

Fifteen years ago a handful did, but it was more common to use an external drive from a company called DataBook. They're long gone but DataBook drives are sometimes available on the aftermarket.

Your best bet to salvage a program from a 1400E is to use the serial port and an old PC loaded with Windows 95 and PanelBuilder 1400E.

One more thing in regards to this thread.

Is there anyone available around Detroit (Plymouth) area that has PanelBuilder 1400E and would be willing to come over to our plant and upload the program from our HMI?
Please PM me.
Thank you,
Tom

I guess you called your AB rep like we did when we needed to access an old Panelbuilder 1400e application and was shocked at the ridiculous price they were asking for the old outdated software. =(

Update:
My old buddy helped me out with programming software.
I was able to upload it out of the bad PanelView.
Based on the uploaded file I created new application for PanelView 1000.

Thank you for all the help.
Tom

Glad to hear you finally got things going!

I had to make a phone call to Rockwell and get them to send me a copy of the Panelbuilder1400e software. I had the license information but no install disk. Its RIDICULOUS the price they want for a license to that software.

I bought a Databook TMD-650 external drive to use with a PCMCIA Card, 2711-NM14 card for a 2711E-T14C6.
Do you know anything about cable, drivers for the TMD-650?