AB Ultra3000+DNET

Steve Kemp

Good day all. I'm looking for a pointer or toe-hold to get me started in addressing an ultra 3000 over devicenet. I have downloaded the programming reference and read all I can manage. The most appropriate "assembly object" id seems to be "instance 5" as I will be sending varied position data to the drive. The next available dnet address on my plc i/o table is O:1.9, so I figure that's where byte 0 in the assembly object will be. I've tried to follow the balloon and "node object" diags in the manual, but I can't see the wood for the trees. At the end of the day, all I want to do is tell the servo when to go and how far/fast to do it. Is it really that difficult? Any nudges in the right direction much appreciated.

Steve.

I'll assume that you're using a 1747-SDN DeviceNet scanner with an SLC-500 processor.

Is this an Ultra 3000i indexing drive, or an ordinary analog-follower Ultra 3000 servoamplifier ?

Do you need to perform an absolute move, or a number of incremental moves ? Often the Indexing drive just has the Index 0 used over and over again, with new presets loaded in via DNet.

Hello Ken.

Yes, your assumption is correct; it's an SLC-500 with 1747SDN with an indexing drive. Each machine cycle will require a single positive move and then back to zero (home) position when instructed -another move. Each positive move is to a different position so yes, I'll be issuing a fresh position each time prior to sending the GO command. Thanks for your interest.

Steve.

Did you ever get info on this. I'm also using dnet with SLC, dnet PV, and dnet Ultra 3000DN to move actuator forward when told. Reach a point and retract to initial position.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom