Easy soft 6

Barryjones

Help I am a real beginner to plc programming, I'm trying to write a program for a easy 719-dc-rc with a 618-dc-re expansion. This may sound like a really stupid question but how do you increase the circuit diagram area pass a to g?

The use of an internal (Marker "M") bit is the way to continue your rung. use a-b-c-d-e-f to set an Marker bit in position g and start the next rung with out with the output from position g ... hope this helps.

As Neil says you can't increase the width, Easysoft limits it to A-G for the 700 range. So the method as described by Neil is the way to go, in column G use an M marker, when you drag the marker to the G column it will show as a coil rather than a contact. You have 16 different M markers than you can use, don't duplicate the same coil elsewhere. Now drag the same marker number to column A of the next row down and continue your circuit.

Easy 719-DC-RC expansion.

Help I have purchased a easy 719-DC-RC and a easy 618-DC-RE when I have tried to connect them, I cannot get the expansion device to work. I am connecting them together using the small black plastic plug but the run light does not come on on the expansion unit. The main unit works ok. What am I doing wrong.

Still having no luck with the expansion unit. The power light flashes with a longer interval than when program is running on the main unit. When I connect to try and download a program it says no expansion device is present.

There is always a chance that you have a faulty main or expansion unit. Can you photograph the units and also post your program in case we can spot an error there. Thinking of the program, you know how you drag the Main unit on to the project view, did you also drag the expansion unit on to the project view?