Crazy zoom in Factory talk ME

DairyBoy

Set up: Development screen open, first zoom level (one press on + button), copy & paste a button, then double click to edit it. Here's the crazy bit: when I hit, say, the text size pulldown, the button on the dev screen increases in size to an equivalent size of about 2 to 3 screens (PV1000). Rockwell haven't seen this one, and it is a new pc, so maybe a too-clever graphics card? Anyone seen this one?

I've had that happen to me too. I don't remember the exact steps that I did to have this occur. But it does have something to do with changing an objects size while zoomed in.

Today's reply:

I can confirm that the button auto sizing after a display zoom has been raised as a bug in FactoryTalk View ME v6.10
The work around is to manually set the dimensions in the push button properties on the Common tab.
Look for a solution in a forth coming patch or software update.
Please subscribe to the following patch technote for notification :
http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....on.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=278683
[FONT=&quot]I hope you find this information of use however if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.[/FONT]

It's been a bug in earlier versions too, not just 6.10. I'm still using 6.0.

Editing anything in FTView while at any zoom level is an almost certain recipe for disaster. You've seen the text sizing problems, just wait till you get the the buttons that resize themselves to 1x1 pixel, but only on the runtime. Fun fun all around.

My counterpart here at work had an issue where some of his graphic edits refused to display properly an embeded variable were reverting to old images and even showing values and states that were nowhere to be found in the application.

He spent about a week to ten days fighting with the issue and finally found out that increasing the parent display object size by one pixel fixed it.