Monitoring Altivar61 Drive with PLC

lromanchik

I am currently trying to figure out how to monitor information from an Altivar61 VFD using a Modicon PLC. I would like to do this via Ethernet.

Someone came to install the drive for us, but claimed he did not know how to do any of the programming. Unfortunately, this leaves us in a bit of a bind because we need to get everything up and running asap. I did find some Schneider Electric pdfs that gave a little information about this particular VFD's Ethernet settings. However, some of the information gaps are hard to breech for someone who knows very little about the drive and the software (PowerSuite). I have also used the drive's IP address to make changes in the web-server; however, I have not been able to sign in as MASTER (where I think I can make the changes I need).

Any ideas on where I can start? The Modicon PLC is a Quantum 140CPU113 processor with an Ethernet module.

I also do have a list of addresses from Schneider's website. If anyone knows how to do so, I would like information about how I can map the VFD addresses to the PLC addresses so we can monitor (maybe 8?) variables through the PLC (via the Ethernet).

Thank you!