lbs/hr Calculation

Steve Crotty

Ok, We have a weigh belt that is receiving product from a hopper. The motor driving the weight belt will be moving at a constant speed. What i need is a formula to take the weight and convert it into pounds per hour.

Does the length of the weight belt matter? or only the speed it is traveling?

thanks for the help!

The weight is worth it!

Since lbs/hr is a rate value, you are conveying a certain amount of material past a given point of known length, over some lenght of time. Take samples of that weight and calculate accordingly. IE: If you sample for 1 min., then the amount of weight past that point in one minute would be the weight on the belt times the speed of the belt past that point. So lets say the belt is going at 10ft/min and you note 50lbs/ft(1ft is the length of the weigh scale portion of the belt or if it is a different length, adjust this term accordingly) for the entire sample time. 10ft/min X 50lbs/ft = 500 lbs/min now multiply by 60mins/hr and you get 3000lbs/hr.