Problem with Step7 SCL

mosama

Dear all,

errg.png

I don't know why the above section (written in SCL) switches the CPU to stop mode. When I delete the two lines highlighted with yellow every thing is ok.

What could be the problem ??

TurpoUrpo: This is a function, so no instance DB is required. And compile gives no errors and warnings.

JesperMp: Diagnostic buffer says that OB1 has error. OB1 contains this function (that contains this part of code). As I said when I delete these two lines highlighted with yellow every thing is ok.

Any suggestions ??

S7-300 cpu's have max of 2kB of local data per block (those I checked, older models might have less). Your declaration had ~2,5kB of local data, that is why it did not work.

JesperMp: Diagnostic buffer says that OB1 has error. OB1 contains this function (that contains this part of code). As I said when I delete these two lines highlighted with yellow every thing is ok.
The diagnostics buffer gives you much more information than that. There may be many entries in the diagnostics buffer. The entry that points the most directly to the cause of the error may not be the last entry.

Use the following for declaring temp variables thus preventing further confusion.

Code:
FUNCTION FC1 : VOID
[B]VAR_TEMP[/B]
iBert:INT;
END_VAR
iBert:=0;
END_FUNCTION

The diagnostics buffer gives you much more information than that. There may be many entries in the diagnostics buffer. The entry that points the most directly to the cause of the error may not be the last entry.

Exactly - when are posters going to learn to read and inwardly digest the information presented to them?

dia5.JPG

Use the following for declaring temp variables thus preventing further confusion.

Code:
FUNCTION FC1 : VOID
[B]VAR_TEMP[/B]
iBert:INT;
END_VAR
iBert:=0;
END_FUNCTION

Thank you. But I'm declaring variables for one shot signal, so It is wrong to declare them in TEMP area. Instead, I will make a function block and use STATIC area.

Thank you. But I'm declaring variables for one shot signal, so It is wrong to declare them in TEMP area. Instead, I will make a function block and use STATIC area.

Then it was wrong from start as functions dont have static memory that is remembered between calls.

If you declare VAR in a FC it will compile as if declared as VAR_TEMP - hence my post #9 which has gone way over his head.