MicroLogix 1100

AndyN

Hi all. I started something that I thought was really simple.

All I really what to do is change the PWM duty cycle depending on the state of the input. would someone be interested in looking at this program? I tried emulating, but it gave me errors. I have not tested on the PLC yet.

TIA.
Andy

View attachment 2581_2 final.zip

Last edited:
My version of RsLogix500 seems to indicate that the ML1000 does not support the PWM block

PWM [Pulse Width Modulation]

Use with processor

MicroLogix 1200, 1400 and 1500
Example of Instruction
PWM.gif

(Parameters shown are examples only, your data will vary.)

EDIT: I am using 8.10.00 (CPR 9)

Update

I updated the file, but I'm not using a 1000 I'm using a 1100 series B which has (2) PWM outputs. Don't see your sample instruction as I am interested. Thanks again for your reply.

I miistype, i meant 1100. But still strange that the help file says that.

Anyhow, a quick peek in the manual that the BBB base must be selected. If you go to your hardware configuration, select your unit, and click on advanced you will find that you forgot to select this.

I tried emulating, but it gave me errors

If you are trying to use RSEmulate500, it does not support that instruction. ( see pdf below)

Also I would not have two instances of the same PWM ( delete rung 001 and 002)

It can only be one or the other, I need to have (2) distinct speeds. There is a different DC for both PWM

What is the -1? It says in the instruction that it is not configured. Since O:0/2 and O:0/3 are the PWM should the output number be 2 or 3, is that how it works?

Well I changed the outputs to 2 and 3 and I got no erros but I don't understand how this emulator works. I thought I would at least see the ladder and be able to toggle to inputs to see how the program reacts. All I see when I open a program is blank screen

First of all, this is my first attempt ever to use the PWM instruction. Anything I post about this could be wrong. Having said that, here is my 1st trial file that changes the value in the .DC (Duty Cycle) box. It seems to do what the original post stated was the objective. Some of the other parts have been omitted to eliminate faulting the emulator when placed in Run Mode. I welcome any comments or corrections.

Well I changed the outputs to 2 and 3 and I got no erros but I don't understand how this emulator works. I thought I would at least see the ladder and be able to toggle to inputs to see how the program reacts. All I see when I open a program is blank screen
Just visualise that the Emulate software is a real physical PLC.
In order to see how the program reacts you will need to go Online with your RSLogix software. If you only open the Emulate program all you get are a few tabs for file, settings, etc. You will need to download your program to the Emulator. The communications driver will need to be set up in RSLinx to SLC500 Emulate Driver from the drop-down in Configure Drivers. Your RSLogix program will need to use that driver to connect with the RS Emulate.

Last edited:
That won't work. You aslo forgot the PWM instruction. I got it not to error so I am assuming it resulted from the function file out value being the same for both PWM outputs. The values of the PWM function value only change based on a part detection and the PWM is only activated by a move command (up/down).

That won't work. You aslo forgot the PWM instruction. I got it not to error so I am assuming it resulted from the function file out value being the same for both PWM outputs. The values of the PWM function value only change based on a part detection and the PWM is only activated by a move command (up/down).
I never said the file would work as a complete functional program as posted, only that it will change the .DC value when the tray full or tray empty input was energised. I am certain that additional MOV instructions are necessary to control the output value while the up or down pendant input is energised. More logic is needed for that.

Last edited: