omron ns8 to mitsibishi problems

mattyp

Lifetime Supporting Member
HI everybody, this is my first post on here,
I have 2 Omron NS8 TV00 V2 hmi's that i need to connect to a pair of mitsubishi plc's it is my first time trying to communicate between omron and mitsubishi and i am not too sure what exactly i need. first project is to connect to an FX3g-14M i have selected melsec f in the comms settings of CX designer but i dont know the comm speed data bits etc. also what cable / converters do i need.

the next one i'm really stumped on i want to connect to a Q00 cpu and the only info i could get so far is that there is no protocol to connect to system Q but it ''might'' work using a serial communications card on the rack.

Apologies if the answers to either of these questions are obvious but I am relatively new to this.

If anybody has done this before I would GREATLY appreciate some info.

thanks in advance....

The version of your application is shown at the bottom right of the application screen as shown:

CX designer version.PNG

You can change this by clicking on 'Tools', 'Convert', 'Version' and then select the newest version you have over 6.0. I have tested with Version 8.0.

CX designer version change.jpg

In the communications tab we can see the default
setting.Highlight 'serialA' then click 'delete host'

CX designer delete host.jpg

Accept the dialog box question to save the application, and then click on 'serialA' again. Then select 'MC Protocol' as your choice:

CX designer select mc protocol.jpg

Hi Liam
Im away until the weekend i'll try that when i get back, thanks a million. oh and i was using version 8.4