ENBT/A configuration conflict

LupoTB

Hello all,

I made a change to the ENBT/A card in one of my systems (thru Logix5000) and it came up with a 'config invalid' error on the module display and no communication anymore with the machines HMI or RSLinx. How can i put back the old config if I can't see it? I also get a BOOTP address showing up on the module display but that supposed to be disabled. My 10 minute job is stretching out into hours now. My change was to the subnet mask. I opened it up to 255.255.0.0 from 255.255.255.128 to enable RSLinx to see it from another subnet. It worked on the other 3 I did it on.

Last edited:
If the module is displaying "BOOTP", then it's gone into BOOTP mode and you need to use a BOOTP server (the utility included with RSLinx Classic is a good one) to give it a valid IP address.

Remember that the BOOTP/DHCP Utility requires you to set the Network Settings (Subnet mask and default gateway) that it will give to devices, before you use it to give IP addresses.

Your other alternative is to use RSLinx Classic to browse through any one network connection (including the serial or USB port on the CPU) to the 1756-ENBT and right-click to reconfigure the module with that applet.

Probably what happened is that you gave it a Default Gateway that wasn't on the same IP network as the IP Address.

If you have the opportunity, check to see what firmware revisions the previous three modules were running.

Thanks Ken,

I got it sorted. My main concern once I figured out I needed BOOTP to get it going was that it wouldn't create a socket on my PC. So no BOOTP. That was a head scratcher. I had to reboot my laptop to get it to work. Easy fix once that was working. Oddly, the card still had my changes stored in it and all was fine. I just made a new entry in BOOTP, got an error message about not being able to connect and the card came up fine. Disabled BOOTP and that was that.

The "cannot open socket" error means that the BOOTP/DHCP Utility tried to open UDP Socket 67 and found it already in use by something else.

I'm glad to hear you got it working. Not having just the right size wrench when you really need it can ruin your whole morning.