1768-L43 to 1768-L45

sec4884

Hey,

First time on here! I am about to go from a 1768-L43 CompactLogix Controller to a 1768-L45 CompactLogix Controller for the extra memory. Has any one here ever done that? It seems to have a differnet power supply but I am curious if anything else changes i.e. form factor? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, we have done that. Just swap the parts, change the plc definition, and download existing program back into it.

I do not recall anything being different other than the controller. All the rest of our rack was used again.

RSL

Similar Topics

Apparently, they are not compatible and i was hoping there was a work around.
Replies
Views
Good day all. I'm trying to create a new project with a 1668-L43 CompactLogix controller. When I try to create new, That controller is not in the...
Replies
Views
Absolute newby here. Also new to PLC. But I am a seasoned Electronics and Computer Tech. Helping to get my buddy's machine back up and running...
Replies
Views
I have a question concerning network connectivity to a Compact Logix 5343 1768-L43 processor. Some background information: 1) The 1768 PLC...
Replies
Views
Hey all. Perhaps a distributor question but some opinion never hurt. I use a ton of L43 and L45 processors. Many already installed and still...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom