ASi bus troubleshooting assistance

robcontec

I have a rotating machine with various ASi bus nodes inside the roating cylinder.

The processor is a SCL 5/04 the bus master is a SST dual channel card. using both channels, 31 nodes on the first maybe 31 on the second.

System has been running for 7 years.

Original problem
Channel one card LEDs fault flashing red comm flashing green.
Channel 2 comm led on solid

Was able to connect via the hyper terminal.

channel 1 originally displayed all 31 nodes but no info, tech support said this is possible
channel 2 displayed all info correctly (Inputs size output size.

After discussions with tech support, we concluded that the master was bad.

Had a new card drop shipped.
Day 2 installed new card, read the list, saved to eprom all is good, start the machine runs for 15 min.
Channel 1 agains shows loss of node info.

Talking with both IMF and the machine Mfg, decide to swapp channel 1 and 2 ( I used the original card for this test)

both channels now show loss of node info (comm flash green fault flash red).

channel one has damaged the card.

Can not read any info now via the hyperterm

I am trying to get a hand held programmin unit in (local distrib gone yesterday).

The Asi bus passes down the center column of the rotating drum through a coupler (to allow the drum to spin and the cables not to)

any suggestions at this time would be greatly appreciated

Tom