Ab Plc 2

Stone knives and bearskins might work!

No, not really! I have a copy of the AB AI series software for PLC-2s
and the AB defined "smart cable" that goes with it. The AI designation comes from when ICOM used to write software to program AB PLCs and before Rockwell bought them. ICOM is what became Rockwell Software and was the end of the old 6200 series and APS programming software. I would check with your local AB distributor or directly with AB for more info on the package. You may be able to find a copy for sale on EBay but then again, who knows. The old 2s are getting to be quite antiquated and hardly a factor anymore unless you run across some that are still in service. That is about as good as I can do for ya pal. Good luck!

:)

Thanks Chief...

I have the 6200 and all... I wasn't sure if they came out with a conversion or any other decent interface for these old PLC's

I myself would rather replace it if I have to change anything in it.

But.. thats just me...

Oh ya.. these PLC's arestill in service and operating pretty good.

AB made em good!

Yep, I can just see the mini PLC-2 I installed many moons ago back in the late 70's. It is probably still chugging along. They are tough little suckers if nothing else. I cut my teeth on them and had a hard time changing to the new PLC-5/SLC500 scheme of things, but once I got on to the new, I sure like it better than the old days. Not to mention using a computer to program with rather than the old industrial terminals of that era. BooHiss!

Ahhh, remember how well 5.25 floppies would fly if you got the angle just right...they'd go a long way, especially if left inside the old Industrial Terminal when launched off of a really tall tower/ platform/ machine!!!!

David 🔨

Never got the chance!

David I never got the chance to use the 5.25 floppy trick. The terminals I used did not have floppy drives. Only means of getting any kind of data with the old T1s was a ladder diagram dump onto a thermal printer. Oh, yeah, never put the printout under your arm to carry it back to the office. Duh! banghead

5.25 frissbee's

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

I thought I was the only idiot to do this.... hahahahahaha

We sat on the top of the building with stacks of them....

I bet some of them flew 300 yards over the river. Looking back, I wonder if they are bio degradable... Maybe my contribution to the eco sys screing up... Yikes!