power flex 4m

vikas1947

i have a drive of ab power flex 4m its input is single 220 v ac and output is 3 phase AC now i want to know can i give line and neutral of 220 volt ac directly to its input or i have to add some additional things what if i will give 220 volt input to it directly from the home supply....

I am not 100% sure of your question.
If I am right
and your household supply is 220 Vac
then that is the correct input for a single phase 220 V ac input
you should always have some form of protection ie Circuit Breaker and a contactor to be able to isolate power to the drive.
not for starting / stopping only for a power cutoff if needed.

EDIT: I just read where you said "home supply". You probably want an RFI/EMI filter to keep from sending noise to all your neighbors and the power company. I think some of those drives offer a built in filter. Check you part number against the manuals.

Yes, as long as you derate the drive at least 50% (due being single phase) and make your connections to R(L1) and S(L2) with no connection on T(L3) to ensure the cooling fan (if installed) and power supply are properly fed.

If you have low impedance supply or ungrounded power distribution then there are a couple more things to do.

Last edited:
re

now i connected my motor in star format with power flex 4m ,i gave input to motor through three phase wires and my motor is working but in motor body i found current that should be hazardous .i wasn't grounded the motor

DRIVE MOTOR WIRING.jpg

we assumed you would know to do this - Very Sorry -
Normally the wiring to the motor is shielded (Screened) and Bonded to earth at one end, this stops noise.
On the drive the 'PE' terminal connects the Ground and to the motor earth.
Hope that makes sence

re

sorry wrong post ...so you tell me what i have to do now where i have to connect all the three inter connected terminals?

Your post #5 above is exactly how the drive and motor should be wired and grounded. You should also connect the two ground points, one on the motor and one on the drive, together with a bond wire so the grounds are at the same potential at all times.