messaging

Buzzen

:wish:I am using Allen Bradley enhanced plc 5/40e to slc 5/04. I recently was successful getting my message to transmit. Now the question is can you have a message statement send more than one message with two different outcomes? I read chapter 16 on message instruction still unclear. my control address is a MG data type, with PLC-5 typed write to SLC.

Generally a single MSG instruction is configured for a single Destination with fixed Source and fixed Destination addresses.

If you need to exchange data with a different network node or use different source or destination addresses, you use another MSG instruction with its own control block.

What precisely do you mean by "two different outcomes" ?

"two different outcomes" ONe outcome sets off an alarm when the transformer sump is full via floats to logic. The other I was thinking of setting something up for our A/C units, that feed these massive VFD's that we have using a sensor that detects a clogged pipe for the condensation. Can these two conditions be sent with one Message statement?

MSG instructions can transmit blocks of data table elements, up to about 122 elements per message.

So if your sump data was packed into bits in N10:0, and your pipe clog data was packed into bits in N10:10, you could transmit both in one MSG by sending a block of data starting at N10:0, length 11 Words.

In the PLC/SLC controllers, MSG instructions can only carry segments of data tables, so you must send all Integers, or all Floating Point numbers. ControlLogix has a mechanism to pack multiple data types together, called a User-Defined Data Type.