RS Linx configuration for PLC2

Contr_Conn

Need help to configure RS Linx 2.41 with ICOM Sreial adapter to communicate with PLC2/16.
What to use? DF1?
Give me some details please.
I am lost with this dinaosaur.

ICOM Adapter - cable type external box with separate power supply (wall transformer).
Adapter works if configured directly in AI2 v 6.25, but we need to use RS Linx.
AI2 V6.25 supports RSlinx, just don't know correct configuration.

Anyone?
Nobody knows PLC2 :cool: ?

I don't know it as weel but have a customer how has bunch of PLC2 machines and no plans to replace PLC2s.

I did not use PLC2 for the last 19 years...

Please...

Why do you need to use RSLinx?

I can't see anything in the list of drivers that will do what you want (unless it's the dreaded PIC driver). The PIC and the ICOM "smart cable" are both level translators so maybe the PIC driver will work.

I've never used AI2 but have used its predecessor, 'Ladder Logistics' plus AB's badged version but that was long before RSLinx was ever heard of.

Connecting your DOS software through RSLinx is likely to be a real dog.

Gerry

AI2 native communication works on slow old computer.
It does not work well on my laptop - too fast.

AI2 v6.25 has an option to use RSLinx as communication driver.
Apparently RSLinx should have a way to communicate with PLC2.
I am not sure if PIC driver will work, I don't think so, but I'll try.

Any other ideas?

BTW, anyone has a diagram for this ICOM box?

AI-2's "Smart Cable" driver is the only software that can use the ICOM smart cable. 6200-PLC2 can't, and RSLinx can't.

If you're going to stick with your current laptop and it can't handle DOS software and strict RS232 support, then you will need a 1784-PCMK card and 1784-PCM2 cable to use RSLinx. Some users have reported sub-par peformance trying to use RSLinx with AI under modern Windows NT operating systems.

Probably a simpler strategy is to get an old laptop with DOS on it and a good serial port, and use that exclusively with the PLC-2's.