1794-oe12

karthikmcl

Hi Friends,
I'm facing problem in 1794-oe12 flex i/os. Im not getting 4-20ma output. i hope its a self powered. only module supply is enough.(34-+24vdc, 35--ve of the suply). In module configuration i have selected 4to 20ma range.

Im using 1794-acn15/C Control net adapter.

so plz anybody can suggest me..., how to sort out this one

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean by "I hope it is self powered".

You must provide 24V DC to the module, starting on terminals 34 and 35. This is the 24V that the module uses to create the 4-20 mA current loops to send to output devices.

What kind of power supply are you using ? How many amperes can it supply ?

I don't understand what you mean by "I hope it is self powered".

You must provide 24V DC to the module, starting on terminals 34 and 35. This is the 24V that the module uses to create the 4-20 mA current loops to send to output devices.

What kind of power supply are you using ? How many amperes can it supply ?

2vdc supply provided as you mentioned.
We are using 24dc AB make SMPS (Full load current is 5A.)
Observation: In module that OK led is blinking.
Module base unit model: 1794-TB3G

In this condition im getting 0ma in module between terminal no "0" and "17"

Last edited:
If the OK light is blinking green, then the module probably is not configured correctly.

Are you using it with ControlLogix or with a PLC-5C15 ? Is the Power-Up bit (which indicates it hasn't been configured) still =1 ?

Have you scheduled the Connection for this module on the ControlNet network ?

If the OK light is blinking green, then the module probably is not configured correctly.

Are you using it with ControlLogix or with a PLC-5C15 ? Is the Power-Up bit (which indicates it hasn't been configured) still =1 ?

Have you scheduled the Connection for this module on the ControlNet network ?

u know the maximum counts of the output

I seem to recall having an issue where the module saw an open circuit on an unused output. This caused a fault condition on the "wire off" function where it needed to be reset. Then the outputs would work again.

I seem to recall having an issue where the module saw an open circuit on an unused output. This caused a fault condition on the "wire off" function where it needed to be reset. Then the outputs would work again.

Dear Friend,
ur correct, Im using only 8 channels. some times im getting ma output. some times not. after removing the module and put it again its working.
I want to avoid this. so what was the problem (either in configuration).

In module properties i have selected(fault/Idle action tab) the following

Communication Fault Behavior : APPLY SAFE STATE VALUE TO OUTPUT
Program Mode Behavior: APPLY SAFE STATE VALUE TO OUTPUT
Safe State Value i have entered "4" for all the channels.
In configuration i have selected 4 to 20ma range.

Thanks in Advance...,

At 4ma = 0

At 20ma = 30840

At 21ma = 32767

Hi Friend,
I,m using only 8 channels in OE12 module. some times im getting ma output. some times not. after power on/off the module its working sometimes.
so what was the problem.

I feel that if any one the channel open means that output will reset is it?

Hi Friend,
I,m using only 8 channels in OE12 module. some times im getting ma output. some times not. after power on/off the module its working sometimes.
so what was the problem.

I feel that if any one the channel open means that output will reset is it?

Sorry I don't have an answer for. If you have a TechConnect contract see Knowledgebase article below. Or maybe someone who does can
tell us what it says. Paraphrase it, I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

54978 - 1794-OE12 module - no outputs, LED blinking green
Problem For 1794-OE12 module, why am I getting no outputs, and why is the LED blinking green? Solution If all input tags are working as expected and there are no faults, check to see if the...
Access Level: TechConnect
Created: 09/09/2008
Updated: 03/23/2011

Last edited:
You need to place call an OTE with the (ModuleName):O.ModuleEnable bit setting to 1.

(ModuleName):O.ModuleEnable
----------------------------------( )---------

This only applies to the OE12

You need to place call an OTE with the (ModuleName):O.ModuleEnable bit setting to 1.

(ModuleName):O.ModuleEnable
----------------------------------( )---------

This only applies to the OE12

Ignore this, I was thinking of the IE12.

The OE12 has a similar bit: (ModuleName):O.OutputEnable, you probably need to have this set to true. Another bit, (ModuleName):O.WireOffReset might apply as well, I am not sure how this works, check the user manual.