How do I copy my license in another key Citect??

benz_mscp

Hello,
I have a license on Citect usb physically on the server, I am trying to develop a supervision of my company and I have no access time to complete my application for that I want your help.
how I made ​​for a copy of this license.
thank you to everyone.

License copying is usually met with derision on this board. Not sure you'll get much luck trying to find an answer to that.

The last Citect project I did was a hardware dongle (admittedly that was quite a while ago), are they now software based licenses?

Software piracy is a forbidden topic on this forum. You won't find any help here.

However, you don't need a dongle to do CiTect development, or at least you didn't need one a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if that has changed. You only need the dongle if you want to run the application. That means when you get to the testing part you'll either have to make arrangements to share the dongle or you'll have to buy another.

Yes, project development may be done entirely free of any licencing. However, once you run your project without a licence the following rules apply:

1. you will get some hours (8 or 10 if my memory serves) of run time if you are testing a project with no 'real' I/O (using memory variables, disk PLCs etc)

2. you will get 15 minutes of run time if you have 'real' I/O on a stand-alone machine

3. you cannot start a project if you have networking enabled

In answer to the other question, v7.20 still uses dongles, but it is likely that v7.30 will move to soft keys.