RSLinx Alias Topic - Switch On Command

anstee33

Im using Factory Talk View ME V6 on a PC communicating to 2 Compact Logix Redundant CPU's. I am utilizing the RSLinx Alias Topic which works fine when a connection error is present but how do i get it to switch automatically via Switch on Command.

To cause a switch between Alias Topics on command, you write to the [AliasTopic]@switchtopic pre-defined item.

There's a good RA Knowledgebase (Article 26228) technote about the basics of how to set up and use Alias Topic switching, both on Error and on Command.

It's one of my pet peeves and I want to be sure that future readers don't get the wrong idea: CompactLogix has a DeviceNet Hot Standby feature, and some users have implemented their own two-processor backup systems, but CompactLogix is not designed, advertised, or intended to be a Redundant control system like ControlLogix Redundancy is.

Thanks Ken for your fast response. I have that knowledge base article, but how do you actually write to that item using FT View Studio ME.