Problem with address tags for PView PLus

fpaezp

Hi,

I have a PLC (Micrologix 1500) working with the machine.

In my office i have a PanelView Plus 600, I've programmed with the application, but I have the following doubt:

How I can create TAGS without connected the PLC? , At the moment of creating TAGS ask me for ADDRESS like this:

data.png

I want the PLC to recognize the directions of PANEL...

I think it should create a node for the PLC and the PView..I'm not sure :confused:

Sorry for my english..

Thanks in advance...

[SIMPA02_1] is called a "Shortcut", which is defined in the RSLinx Enterprise Communication Configuration.

When you are defining HMI Tags, you can address them as seen above, with the double colon, the shortcut, and the data element address.

The same syntax can be used with Direct Reference connections, surrounded by curly brackets

{::[SIMPA02_1]B3:3/13}

You can do this addressing manually (which I prefer) or you can Import a tag database from RSLogix 500.

With PLC/SLC/MicroLogix programs, you cannot "browse" the offline program file like you can with ControlLogix. You can only do manual addressing or Import a tag database.

[SIMPA02_1] is called a "Shortcut", which is defined in the RSLinx Enterprise Communication Configuration.

When you are defining HMI Tags, you can address them as seen above, with the double colon, the shortcut, and the data element address.

The same syntax can be used with Direct Reference connections, surrounded by curly brackets

{::[SIMPA02_1]B3:3/13}

You can do this addressing manually (which I prefer) or you can Import a tag database from RSLogix 500.

With PLC/SLC/MicroLogix programs, you cannot "browse" the offline program file like you can with ControlLogix. You can only do manual addressing or Import a tag database.

I would agree with Ken about addressing manually when using other than Controllogix. While importing tags from an offline file in SLC will save you lots of time creating the tags, the tag names will always be something like "B3_06_08" to represent the SLC address. If you want to change the names of all the tags you just imported to something meaningful, then you have to duplicate each tag that you want to change, rename it, then delete the original tag. Seems to usually cost me time in the long run.

Just my two cents

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻